W-2 Wage & Tax Statement
A W-2 form is a wage and tax statement used to report wages paid and the taxes withheld from those wages for a given calendar year. A copy of this form is given to the employee, the IRS and the state taxing authority (if applicable) each January for the prior calendar (tax) year.
Distribution of W-2 Forms
W-2 forms can be provided electronically via MyPack Portal or University Payroll can print the form and mail it to your home by January 31st. If you wish to access the form electronically and do not want a paper copy mailed to your home please follow these steps:
- Log into MyPack Portal using your Unity ID and password. Then click on the "For Faculty & Staff" tab at the top of the page.
- Click on "Payroll & Compensation" in the "Employee Self Service" section.
- Select "W-2/W-2c Consent"
- Check the box to indicate your consent to receive electronic W-2 and W-2c forms and follow the instructions to submit.
You will receive an email in January when your W-2 is ready to be viewed online.
- To view and/or print your W-2 form online, log into the MyPack Portal and click on the "For Faculty & Staff" tab at the top of the page. In the "Employee Self Service" section select "Payroll & Compensation". You can then click on "View W-2/W-2c Form.
Be sure your Internet browser's Pop-up blocker is disabled before attempting to print your W-2. If it is not disabled, the W-2 will not open.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: These documents contain your social security number, a vital key to identity theft. Employees are advised to NOT leave their computer screen unattended when viewing and be sure to retrieve the printed copy promptly if routed to a network printer shared by others.
Form W-2c (an amended W-2) will also be available to view/print online if one is needed to denote changes to your earnings or taxes. If such a form is necessary, an email notification will be sent when the form is available for viewing.
Requesting a Duplicate W-2
Current employees are able to access their W-2 form on line starting with the 2008 form and can print a copy at any time. If a current employee requires a duplicate W-2 that was issued prior to 2008 or if a previous employee, who no longer has access to Employee Self Services, requires a copy of a W-2 form they must complete a Duplicate W-2 request form and submit it to University Payroll.
Please note: For security purposes, we cannot fax or email W-2's. They can be picked up in the University Payroll Office with proper identification or they can be mailed via US Mail.
Additional InformationW-2 Statement Explanation