W-2 Wage & Tax Statement
A W-2 form is a wage and tax statement used to report wages paid and the taxes withheld from those wages for a given calendar year. A copy of this form is given to the employee, the IRS and the state taxing authority (if applicable) each January for the prior calendar (tax) year.
Distribution of W-2 Forms
W-2 forms can be provided electonically via MyPack Portal or Univesity Payroll can print the form and mail it to your home by January 31st. If you wish to access the form electronically and do not want a paper copy mailed to your home please follow these steps:
- Log into MyPack Portal using your Unity ID and passwword. Then click on the "For Facutly & Staff" tab at the top of the page.
- Click on "Payroll & Compensation" in the "Employee Self Service" section.
- Select "W-2/W-2c Consent"
- Check the box to indicate your consent to received electronic W-2 and W-2c forms and follow the instructions to submit.
You will receive an email in January when your W-2 is ready to be viewed online.
- To view and/or print your W-2 form online, log into the MyPack Portal and click on the "For Faculty & Staff" tab at the top of the page. In the "Employee Self Service" section select "Payroll & Compensation". You can then click on "ViewW-2/W-2c Form.
Be sure your Internet browser's Pop-up blocker is disabled before attempting to print your W-2. If it is not disabled the W-2 will not open.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: These documents contain your social security number, a vital key to identity theft. Employees are advised to NOT leave their computer screen unattended when viewing and be sure to retrieve the printed copy promptly if routed to a network printer shared by others.
Form W-2c (an amended W-2) will also be available to view/print online if one is needed to denote changes to your earnings or taxes. If such a form is necessary, an email notification will be sent when the form is available for viewing.
Requesting a Duplicate W-2
It will no longer be necessary for a current employee to request a duplicate of their W-2 form. Access to their 2008 W-2 as well as all subsequent years will be available through employee self service for as long as the employee is employed at NC State University.
For those employees who need a duplicate copy issued prior to 2008
- Log into the MyPack Portal and follow this navigation:
- Main Menu>Employee Self Service > Payroll and Compensation >W-2 reissue request.
For employees who do not have access to MyPack Portal:
- You can complete a Duplicate W-2 request form and submit it to University Payroll by fax, campus mail or US mail.
Please note: For security purposes, we cannot fax or email W-2's. They can be picked up in the University Payroll Office with proper identification or they can be mailed via US Mail.
Additional InformationW-2 Statement Explanation