Wage & Hour Basics
Course Number: HRA11
This course will provide an overview of the FLSA regulatory requirements related to recording and paying for time worked by employees. It will familiarize attendees with University-specific policies and procedures with regards to completing and reviewing timesheets. The course attempts to include a 'why' behind much of the 'how' in timesheet processing, thereby making the timesheet policies/procedures more meaningful, easier to remember, and easier to communicate to subordinate/departmental employees. Content will include examples of the following types of payments: overtime, compensatory time, extra time, shift premium, holiday premium, on call, emergency call back and adverse weather.
- Clarify Exempt/Non-Exempt definitions as determined by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Explain the necessity of maintaining time records.
- Explain consequences of incorrect time records.
- Review timesheet form and its completion.
- Review various types of payments with examples.
- Identify common errors that Internal Audit has cited.
|06/26/2014||9:00 - 12:00||Room 212||Admin II|
|To register for a course, access the eLearning Training Registration and Tracking system accessible through the MyPACK Portal. Refer to eLearning Central for more information on eLearning.|