Employment of Foreign National
Course Number: HRA15
This course will provide individuals who hire or facilitate the employment of foreign nationals with an overview of employment-related nonimmigrant visas and permanent residency. It will provide guidance on the processes and procedures that must be followed to secure various types of temporary visas and permanent residency. Tips to ensure compliance with related regulations will be provided, such as information on travel requirements or work restrictions. The steps necessary to comply with I-9 and E-Verify requirements will also be discussed.
- Provide general overview of U.S. immigration visa classifications
- Review the most common nonimmigrant visa types used on campus.
- Explain the difference between permanent residence and temporary status.
- Explain the process for obtaining nonimmigrant visas.
- Explain the process for obtaining permanent residency.
- Explain visa and travel compliance issues Identify the requirements for I-9 and E-Verify compliance.
|To register for a course, please log-in to MyPACK Portal and follow this menu path:|
|Main Menu > Employee Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment|