Taxation of Foreign Nationals
Course Number: HRA22
This course will provide individuals who hire or facilitate the employment of foreign nationals with a basic overview of employment-related non-immigrant visas and foreign national taxation. It will provide guidance on the processes and procedures that must be followed to properly tax the foreign national employee. Tips to ensure compliance with related regulations will be provided, such as information on pay and travel requirements or restrictions.
- Provide general overview of U.S. immigration visa classifications.
- Review the most common nonimmigrant visa types used on campus.
- Explain the difference between permanent residence and temporary status.
- * Explain the process for obtaining nonimmigrant visas.
- * Explain the process for obtaining permanent residency.
- Explain visa and travel compliance issues Identify the requirements for I-9 and E-Verify compliance.
- Explain issues relating to the taxation of foreign national employees.
- Explain process for paying and processing honoraria
|To register for a course, please log-in to MyPACK Portal and follow this menu path:|
|Main Menu > Employee Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment|