Giving and Receiving Feedback - HR
Course Number: HR0012
Giving objective, honest, and relevant feedback to others is a critical skill for any profession. Developing feedback skills require practice before becoming a routine behavior. However, people sometimes delay giving feedback to others for two common reasons 1. Fear of being misunderstood, damaging a professional relationship, or eliciting an emotional response 2. They think others already know when their behavior or decisions are successful. Delaying or withholding feedback negatively impacts managers, employees, and organizations. This course will teach skills which will enable you to give, and receive, constructive feedback. The cost of this course is $50.00.
- Identify opportunities to provide feedback to employees.
- Explain characteristics of effective feedback.
- Differentiate between judgments or opinions and specific observations.
- Acknowledge and refocus emotional responses.
- Practice skills through role plays.
- Explore the SBI model and examine the giving and receiving process components.
|To register for a course, access the eLearning Training Registration and Tracking system accessible through the MyPACK Portal. Refer to eLearning Central for more information on eLearning.|