Introduction to Project Management
Course Number: HR0013
Being called on to manage a project or program within your organization is an exciting opportunity. The success of managing a project depends upon the effort and skill you apply to planning. Effective planning includes implementing some basic methodologies, such as developing a project plan, identifying project Objectives and goals, determining what resources are needed, and creating a timeline for completion. Participants will apply various project management tools to a mock project. They must bring a current project on which they are working to apply the methodologies taught within the course. Participants will receive templates and resources they can use back at work. The cost of this course is $25.00.
- Explain the 5 stages of a project.
- Assess a project according to the 3 critical success factors of on-time, within budget, and high-quality delivery.
- Develop a project plan that properly defines a project's scope and critical path to project completion.
- Develop Statement of Work, a work schedule to sequence tasks.
- Monitor project progress.
- Write a project report that articulates a clear "deliverable"related to the smart goals and much more.
|10/10/2014||9:00 - 12:00||Room 212||Admin II|
|To register for a course, please log-in to MyPACK Portal and follow this menu path:|
|Main Menu > Employee Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment|