As an active NCSU employee, you may request enrollment for a course by logging into the MyPACK Portal, and following the menu path and instructions:
Main Menu > Human Resources Systems > Employee Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment
If you're a manager wishing to request enrollment for an employee who reports to you, you may log into the MyPACK Portal. and follow the menu path and instructions:
Main Menu > Human Resources Systems > Manager Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment
Once you've requested enrollment, you'll receive an email acknowledging receipt of your request. Later, you'll receive an email indicating your actual approved (or perhaps denied) enrollment in the course session, along with session date/time/location.
For more information about NCSU's Enterprise Learning registration system, please visit eLearning Central.
Professional skill development courses such as: Conflict Resolution; Negotiation; Interpersonal Communication; Behavioral-Based Interviewing; and Management.
- Achieving Excellence in Customer Service
- Behavioral Based Interviewing
- Business Ethics
- Coaching for Success
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Business Writing
- Generations at Work
- Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Influencing Skills
- Interpersonal Communication
- Introduction to MBTIŽ
- Introduction to Project Management
- Introduction to Supervision
- Managing & Coping with Change: A New Path for Personal & Professional Growth
- Professional Communication: Communicate Effectively, Effective Communications, Communicate with Positive Impact
- Responding to Conflict: Strategies for Improved Communication
- Team Decision-making & Problem-solving
- Team Fundamentals
- Time Management
- Workplace Business Practices: Best Practices in Managing Projects and Time
The Compass - Certificates and Online Courses
Learn more about The Compass (powered by Skillsoft), NC State's newest online learning and certificate program.
Programs that provide NC State employees and managers the opportunity to enhance job skills, knowledge and abilities thereby strengthening the services and operations of the entire university.
Policy, Procedures and University HR Processes
Courses that address State and Federal policies, regulations, and University HR processes.
- Benefits Basics
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Managing/Navigating FMLA, Comp, and Leave
- Understanding Retirement Programs
- Web Leave Application
- HR & the Law: What you need to know
- Managing SPA Employees through Job Performance & Successive Discipline
- Effective Recruitment & Selection
- Employment of Foreign Nationals
- Employment Verification with I-9 and E-Verify
- PeopleAdmin 7
- Kaba Timekeeping Management Training
- HR System Basics / Temp Actions
- PeopleSoft Query
- Processing SPA & EPA Appointments
- Processing Bi-Weekly Actions
University Safety and Compliance
Courses that benefit the university community in the areas of health, operational safety, population diversity and social awareness.
- Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Discrimination & Harassment Prevention Response
Research Administration and Financial Operations
Other training opportunities: