HR Academy Program
The HR Academy program links participants to subject matter experts in 27 HR topics. Participants of the HR Academy will be exposed to HR functions, legal aspects, NC State policies and procedures, as well as related courses that enhance overall knowledge and application of the HR function.
This program is designed for managers, non-managers, and those serving in the HR function of their department. Participants will have one year from enrolling to complete their certificate program.’
Participants will register for all the core classes using the online web registration. The six or more electives will be selected based on specific needs of the individual and their unit.
The program offers twenty-seven (27) courses, twelve (12) of which are required core classes.
Core Classes - All Required
- Introduction to HR Academy
- Benefits Basics
- Classification & Compensation Administration
- Effective Recruitment & Selection
- Employment Verfication with I-9 and E-Verify
- Equal Employment Opportunity/AA
- HR & The Law: What You Need to Know
- HR Systems Basics/Temp Appointments
- Managing SPA Employee through Job Performance & Successive Discipline
- Managing/Navigating FMLA, Comp & Leave
- Payroll Services- What You Need to Know
- Wage & Hour Basics
Elective Classes - 6 Required
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Discrimination & Harassment Prevention and Response
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employment of Foreign Nationals
- Introduction to Supervision
- Key Practices for Injury, Incident, & Error Prevention
- PeopleAdmin 7
- PeopleSoft Query
- Personnel Practices for EPA Non-Faculty
- Processing SPA & EPA Appointments
- Processing Bi-Weekly Actions
- Taxation of Foreign Nationals
- Understanding Retirement Programs
- Web Leave Application
- Workplace Violence Prevention
Certificate Requirements :
You must complete all (12) core courses and six (6) electives within one-year of your start date.
Paperwork Requirements :
Each participant will track their progress through the HR Academy Transcript Log to be completed by the participant as they progress through the program. All materials will be provided in soft copy format through the HR Academy website (to be distributed to participants). At the end of the program, each participant will complete and send a copy of their transcript to confirm program completion. A certificate will be mailed after T&OD verifies course completion.
Who Should Attend?
This program is ideal for employees serving in the HR function for their units, but is also recommended to supervisors/managers who are new to NC State University.
To register for this program, access the eLearning Training Registration and Tracking system accessible through the MyPACK Portal. You will need to register for 'Introduction to HR Academy' and complete the Program Registration Form.
$125 for certificate program
Questions regarding this program should be directed to Training & Organizational Development, 919-515-7844.