Other training resources are offered to University employees.
- Faculty & Staff Tuition Waiver Program
- Financial Services and Processes
- Personal and Professional Skills Development
- Safety Training Programs
- Computer & Technical
Faculty & Staff Tuition Waiver Program
NC State permits the waiver of tuition for eligible full-time faculty and staff for up to two (2) courses per academic year, provided that such enrollment does not interfere with the employee's normal employment obligations. For more information, review the Cashier's office website for complete details:
Financial Services and Processes
- Contracts and Grants
- Offers training on the following: Financial Reconciliation of Sponsored Projects (Closeout); Introduction to Cost Accounting Standards; Cost Share Fundamentals; Post Award Compliance; Payroll Reallocations; TEARS (The Employee Activity Reporting System); and New Award Meetings.
- Controller's Office
- Capital Asset Management Training (CAMS), Financial Accounting.
- Financial Services
- Financial system data entry functions for travel reimbursement, purchase voucher, purchase requisitions and journals.
- Sponsored Programs and Regulatory Compliance Services
- Offers training on the following: Proposal Budgeting; RAPC-Research Administration Program Certification; CRA-International Certification in Research Administration; Tutorial System Houses; and NCURA Live Video Conferences.
Personal and Professional Skills Development
- Academic Assistance for NC State Employees
- The State of North Carolina's Academic Assistance Program allows University departments to reimburse permanent employees for the costs of job-related courses. Eligible courses are those that are beneficial to both the employee and the University; directly related to the employee's present responsibilities or field of work; are required to complete an academic degree program directly related to the employee's field of work. Application form may be downloaded. View the Academic Assistance Program Policy.
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- CALS offers a three-day retreat for personal and organizational growth called Opening Doors.
- Center for Student Leadership, Ethics & Public Service
- Leadership and Professional Development workshops open to Faculty and Staff.
- McKimmon Center Office of Professional Development (OPD)
- Office of Professional Development (OPD) offers non-degree professional training courses, Courses range from Project Management to Facilities Engineering and Energy Management. In addition, OPD offers a variety of experiences including test prep courses. OPD is conveniently located in the McKimmon Conference and Training Center - parking is free and the McKimmon Center houses a campus dining facility, The Corner Cafe, for meal options.
- Office for Institutional Equity & Diversity
- Equal Opportunity Institute, National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI), BASIC Race Awareness Seminar, Faculty & Staff Diversity Training, Study Circles on Race and Race Relations.
- Office of State Human Resources (OSHR)
- The Human Resource Development (HRD) group offers courses to NC State Employees that are targeted to public sector managers, supervisors, administrative support specialists, Human Resources professionals, and employees who want to increase their knowledge and improve their skills to be more productive and effective.
Safety Training Programs
- Environmental Health & Safety Center Training Programs
- A variety of safety programs training options such as: Passenger Van Training, Campus Security, Hazard Communication Training, Principles of Radiation Safety, etc. are available through the Environmental Health & Public Safety Center.
Computer & Technical
- Communication Technologies
- Campus telephone systems and services.
- Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications
- Workshops and seminars about learning technologies for blended and online instruction.
- Enterprise Technology Services & Support (ETSS)
- A variety of technical and systems training options such as sessions on: AccVerify / AccRepair; Administrative Portal; ASAP; and Introduction to MS Query.
- Information Technology Division (ITD)
- Software and web development workshops available free to NC State faculty and staff.
- McKimmon Center Technology Training Solutions (TTS)
- Technology Training Solutions (TTS) offers one and two day technology courses as well as lengthier certification courses. The courses range from software courses such as Microsoft Excel, to productivity courses such as iPad Tips and Tricks. TTS offers a discount to NC State employees, as well as the opportunity to re-take any course within 90 days. TTS is conveniently located in the McKimmon Conference and Training Center - parking is free and the McKimmon center houses a campus dining facility, The Corner Cafe, for meal options.