Temporary Employment Process
The application process to work through UTS, requires you to:
- Complete the Application for Temporary Employment
- Sign reference release forms
- Interview with UTS Placement Specialist
- Complete clerical skills testing as appropriate
UTS will then
- Process your application,
- Verify your previous employment,
- Check references, and
- Assess your skills, experience, and availability
UTS staff carefully screen prospective employees to best match their skills and abilities to the needs of the campus departments. This screening process includes
- A personal interview,
- Possible clerical skills testing,
- Reference checks, and
- Criminal background checks.
When the process is complete, and your eligibility for placement is determined, UTS will place you on the Availability List while we try to place you in a position.
Note: To remain on the Availability List, you need to call in each week to update your status. If we do not hear from you, we may remove you from the list.
Once you are placed on an assignment, you will need to contact your UTS representative and site supervisor if you are going to miss work or be late. When your assignment ends, you will need to contact UTS each week until you are placed again. If you do not call in as available when your assignment ends, we will not know you are interested in a new assignment. If we are unable to reach you, or our calls are not returned, we may remove you from the availability list.
Note: The Availability List is your key to placement! You must work with us to keep your status and contact information up-to-date.