The JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University promotes responsible, inspirational design and management of cultivated landscapes through plant development and evaluation, as well as academic and public education.
- Provide creative research and educational programs for students, the green industry, and the public in an effort to improve the American landscape.
- Function as a living laboratory which resides in and complements the curricula of NC State University.
- Collect and evaluate plants for their potential ornamental value and landscape use.
- Develop improved ornamental plants through controlled breeding, evaluation, and selection.
- Provide visitors with an inspirational and educational experience, and an opportunity to connect to the natural world.