Note: The JCRA launched a new Web site on March 1. Please visit us at http://jcra.ncsu.edu. This site, http://www.ncsu.edu/jcraulstonarboretum/, is no longer being updated.
The mission of the JC Raulston Arboretum is to introduce, display, and promote plants that diversify the American landscape, thereby benefiting our communities economically, environmentally, and aesthetically, as well as provide educational experiences to the general public, students of all ages, and the green industry.
The JC Raulston Arboretum will continue and advance:
- Collecting, evaluating, and selecting for introduction landscape plants for their most beneficial economic, ecological, and aesthetic value;
- The gardens as a living laboratory which resides in and complements the curricula of NC State University;
- Educational experiences for plant enthusiasts, Green Industry professionals, adults, and children;
- The Arboretum by compelling casual visitors to become supporting members and long-term stakeholders;
- The Arboretum by successfully marketing the benefits of its facility, events, workshops, programs, and plant sales;
- Fund-raising initiatives of the JC Raulston Arboretum.