Mastering Lightroom Digital Photography Workflow
A Full-day Seminar Presented by Tim Grey
Hosted by the Capital City Camera Club and the JC Raulston Arboretum
June 1, 2013 (Saturday) – 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
If you would like to feel more confident in your ability to effectively manage, optimize, and share your photographic images, you won't want to miss this full-day seminar presented by renowned author and educator Tim Grey.
With his clear teaching style, Tim will guide you through the specific approach he takes to managing his Adobe Photoshop Lightroom catalog of digital photographs. You'll learn how to work efficiently and with confidence, with the following topics covered:
- Quick overview of what Lightroom is and how it works.
- Recommended settings many photographers neglect.
- Maximizing efficiency when importing photos.
- Keeping photos organized with ratings, keywords, metadata, and more.
- Adding location information to your photos, and viewing them on a map.
- Finding the photo you need, when you need it.
- Managing video clips alongside still photos in your catalog.
- Optimizing the appearance of your photos in the Develop module.
- Utilizing Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to really make the most of your photos.
- Leveraging third-party plug-ins for advanced features.
- Quickly sharing your photos online, in slideshows, and print.
- Questions from the audience, and more....
As photographers we tend to share some similar goals. Most of us want to spend more time behind the camera, not in front of the computer. And most of us want to be able to find a particular photo when we need it, feel that our photos look their best, and print or share our images with others easily. After attending this full-day seminar you'll have confidence in your ability to make the most of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to manage, optimize, and share your photos.
About Tim Grey
Tim Grey is regarded as one of the top educators in digital photography and imaging, offering clear guidance on complex subjects through his writing and speaking. He has written more than a dozen books on digital imaging for photographers, including the best-selling Photoshop CS4 Workflow and Color Confidence. He has also had hundreds of articles published in magazines such as Digital Photo Pro and Outdoor Photographer, among others. He publishes the Ask Tim Grey e-mail newsletter, as well as Pixology, a monthly electronic magazine. Tim teaches through workshops, seminars, and appearances at major events worldwide.
Ask Tim Grey eNewsletter
More about Tim Grey
Cost: Early registration (ends April 15, 2013): $59.00 for JCRA members and any North Carolina camera/photography club member, $69.00 for nonmembers; late registration (begins April 16, 2013): $79.00 for members, $89.00 for nonmembers. Please register by May 15, 2013.
Registration: Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this workshop.
Cancellation: Cancellations can be made through Monday, April 15, 2013, and will incur a $10.00 cancellation fee.
Location: Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
Directions: Need directions? Click here.
Parking: Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
Questions: Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this workshop.