Garden Center Managers Workshop
February 22, 1996
Center Raleigh, North Carolina
The North Carolina
Cooperative Extension Service,
Agricultural & Resource Economics Department,
and The Department of Horticultural Science, North Carolina State University
- 8:30- 9:00 am Registration
- 9:00-9:10 Dr. Ted Bilderback - Introduction to the Program
- 9:10- 10:35 Dr. Charles Safley - Factors Influencing Consumers' Selection at Garden Centers
- 10:35-10-55 Break
- 10:55-12:00 Dr. Charles Moore - Personnel Management for Garden Centers
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch (Included in Registration)
- 1:00-3:00 Dr. Ron Larson - Retail Marketing of Horticultural Commodities
- 3:00-3:15 Break
- 3:15-4:15 Dr. J. C. Raulston - National Garden Center Trends in Plants and Displays
- 4:15-4:25 Evaluation and Closing
$55.00 per participant
Registration limited to 100 participants
Make Checks Payable to: North Carolina Agricultural Foundation
Send Registration form and check to:
Dr. Ted Bilderback
Department of Horticultural Science
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, N.C. 27695-7609
Tel: (919) 515-1201
Fax: (919) 515-7747
About the Speakers:
Dr. Charles Safley - As an Extension Economist, he works with the Green Industry. He recently conducted and completed a study entitled "Factors Influencing Purchases of Nursery Products in North Carolina." Part of his presentation will focus on the results of this study.
Dr. Charles Moore - Serves as the Department Extension Leader for the Agricultural and Resource Economics Department at NCSU. "Chuck" brings knowledge and experience in Personnel Management to this Garden Center Managers Workshop.
Dr. Ronald Larson - Brings expertise in Marketing, Pricing and merchandising from experience as a marketing professional in industry. He currently shares his knowledge teaching on and off campus as a faculty member of the Agricultural and Resource Economics Department at NCSU.
Dr. J. C. Raulston - He has put more new plants into production than any one else in the U.S. Garden Center Management is among the courses he has taught in Horticulture at NCSU. He brings extensive experience and travel throughout the world to this lecture on Garden Center Managment.