Family of the Year
The NC State Parents & Families Association wants to honor all NC State families by recognizing a "Family of the Year." This year, 2013, marks the fifteenth anniversary of this award. The award is intended to celebrate the supportive role families play in the lives of students and the University community. Honoring outstanding parents/families helps remind the NC State community that families are an essential part of the support network for our students.
Students, this is your chance to honor your family with a nomination for this year's NC State Family of the Year competition. Start thinking of how you would describe your family and why they would qualify for "Family of the Year" then submit your nomination either via essay or video.
Videos will be reviewed for clarity of speech and production; they may not be longer than 2 minutes and should be submitted through Drop-Box or Velocity. Both are free services for sharing large files at NC State.
Essays must be 1000 words or less and should be typed, double-spaced with standard margins and can include photos.
A panel of judges will review all submissions based on Creativity, Family Support, Enthusiasm, and Execution. Submissions should be sent directly to The Office of Parents & Families Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All video and essay submissions need to be received by September 9, 2013. The winner will be selected and notified via phone and email by September 13, 2013.
The recipient of Family of the Year will receive:
- Complimentary tickets for your family (up to 4 members) to all events during Parents & Families Weekend
- Premiere seating in the Chancellor's Box and recognition at the September 28 football game against Central Michigan
- Weekend hotel accommodations for your family (up to 2 rooms)
- A commemorative plaque presented to you and your family during the football game
- Your family will be featured in campus newspapers and on the Parents & Families Services website
- $500 Book Scholarship
Even if your submission is not chosen, we hope you will share it with your family and use our upcoming Parents & Families Weekend to spend some "quality time" celebrating your wonderful NC State family.