Workshop Request Form
Please complete the following form to request an NCBI workshop for your office,
unit, division, or other interested group.
NCBI Information for Workshop Sponsors
The following talking points provide
more information about the NCBI workshop.
Building Bridges Workshop
The goal of Building Bridges is to mobilize participants to carry the message
of acceptance and inclusion to others.
This unique workshop - interactive, experiential, and high energy - allows
participants to gain self-awareness, stretch beyond their comfort zone, and
gain new understanding. During this six-hour workshop (that can be taken in
one day or two 3-hour sessions), participants engage in small and large group
discussions and activities led by trained facilitators. Participants of the
Building Bridges workshops are both contributing teachers and willing learners.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Claim pride in one’s own group identities.
- Identify the information
and misinformation learned about ourselves and other groups.
- Gain empowerment
by learning ways to challenge bigoted comments and actions.
Preparing participants for the workshop:
- Review workshop talking points.
- Set expectations with all participants for
participation in training.
- Share workshop date, time, location, length with
- Share importance of addressing diversity and why this workshop
is being held for this group.
In preparation for the workshop:
- Coordinate and confirm location, date, and time with NCBI affiliate director
at least 4 weeks prior to workshop.
- Forward participant numbers to NCBI affiliate
director at least one week prior to workshop.
- Set up room: chairs (only)
in half circle, table at front of room.
- Provide Handouts: copy NCBI
handouts for participants (provided by workshop facilitator) and bring to
- Supply equipment: two flip charts on stands with markers, LCD
projector, or overhead projector.
After the workshop
- Review evaluations and seek informal feedback.
- Talk with facilitators to seek
advice on continuing needs of the group.