Program/Project/Construction Management in the Nuclear Industry
June 19-20, 2012
Sponsored by the Center for Nuclear Power Plant Structures, Equipment, and Piping
NC State University, NC State Campus, Raleigh, NC. USA
This course will present and discuss the functions of the management of projects in the nuclear industry. The participants will utilize the national construction management standards utilized in the United States of America, supplemented by the nuclear quality assurance standards promulgated by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and employed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Department of
Energy. The course is comprised of lectures, discussion and case studies to impart both the knowledge and application of best practices.
To register, you will be asked:
Contact Name (i.e. your name):
Payment Purpose: CM Course
Payment Amount: $1500.00
The other lines in the Registration Form are optional.
The course is sequenced according to the life cycle of a project in phases as defined in national standards:
• Planning and pre-design
• Post-construction (commissioning)
• Operations and maintenance (sustainment) external to national construction management standards
Click here for a Detailed Workshop Curriculum
Note that the sequence of the phases will differ depending upon the acquisition and contracting approach taken
Instructor: James Rispoli, P.E.
• Licensed Professional Engineer in 4 states
• Former US Assistant Secretary of Energy
• President and CEO of PT&C
• Former Executive Advisor for Booz Allen Hamilton
• Former Managing Principal at Dames & Moore
• Fellow of American Society of Civil Engineers
• VP of Environmental Affairs, Board of Direction and Fellow of Society of American Military Engineers
• Member of Construction Management Association of America
• Awarded Civil Engineers Civil Government Award in 2006, Secretary of Energy's Exceptional Service Award in 2008, and ASCE's President Award in 2009 and ASCE's Parcel-Sverdrup Award for Energy Management in 2011
Who should attend: Owners, OwnerĄŻs Representatives, Project Managers, Construction Managers
Enrollment details: Cost: $1500.00 includes materials, two lunches and morning and afternoon coffee breaks each day, and transportation from hotel to campus and back each day.
Venu: NC State Campus, Raleigh, NC. Specific information will be announced later.
Lodging: DoubleTree Hilton Hotel. We have personalized a group web page. Click here to resister.
Group Name: NCSU - Civil Engineering Shortcourse
Advance Purchase Rate Offers: June 13 - 26, 2012
Hotel Address: 1707 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27605
Phone Number: 919-582-2872
• Registration and lodging deadline: June 7th, 2012
• If the seminar needs to be cancelled because of insufficient enrollment, any enrollments at that time will receive an email notification by June 11 and a full refund of class fees.
Contact: Vernon Matzen, Professor and Center Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (919) 515-7736