Shelton NDS Scholarship
Applications for the scholarship must be received by the Division of Enrollment Management and Services by the deadline (Fall 2012: July 15). A review of applications will occur and the scholarship recipient will be notified by the Division of Enrollment Management and Services, via e-mail and letter, prior to the first day of class for the term in question.
Completed applications will include:
- Completed scholarship application form.
- A brief two-page summary explaining the applicant’s interest in the degree program chosen and qualifications for receiving this scholarship. The selection process focuses on a review of an applicant’s leadership qualities and capacities, community involvement, and other personal traits which demonstrate motivation and potential with regard to academic success and career excellence. An outline of short-range and long-range career plans should be included. Applicants should describe extenuating circumstances that have affected performance or current circumstances that make full-time regular enrollment impossible.
- Two letters of reference from non-related community members who address the leadership capabilities, character and personal traits, potential, and academic experiences and goals of the applicant. These may include, but are not limited to: academic instructors, guidance counselors, present or past employers, clergy members, etc.
- Verification of graduation from an accredited high school (or completion of GED) as evidenced by a copy of the high school transcript or official GED score report.
- Verification of completion of the Minimum Coursework Requirements (MCR) established by the University of North Carolina System Board of Governors with respect to high school course preparation (via provision of transcript). Grades should indicate accomplishment of "A's" and "B's" during the last year of high school or equivalent.
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.