Why Should I Apply to Be an OL?
As an Orientation Leader, you will have the opportunity to:
- Share all the great things the University has to offer with incoming students;
- Gain both leadership and professional experience including time management, group facilitation, interpersonal, and public speaking skills;
- Meet and work with administrators, faculty, staff, from across the University;
- Be part of an incredible team of student leaders while having an unforgettable summer experience.
- $2200 stipend paid during the summer employment period
- On-Campus Housing provided June 14 - August 2, 2014
- Most meals provided during orientation sessions with $100 conference card supplement
What previous staff members are saying:
“Being an OL is an incredible opportunity! You learn all about NC State's proud history, traditions, campus resources and most importantly how to become an effective student leader. The impact you will have upon the incoming freshman class is like no other. Be sure to take advantage of this rewarding opportunity!”
Casey Frye, 2013 Orientation Leader
"This experience will teach you more about yourself and others more than you could ever imagine. I grew exponentially as a person from being an Orientation Leader and I am forever grateful for that!"
Casey Knosby, 2013 Orientation Leader
“Orientation made me fall in love with NC State and all the amazing people that are part of the Wolfpack family.”
Yaseline Munoz, 2013 Orientation Leader
“I made up my mind to step out of my comfort zone and do great things! I must say, being an Orientation Leader was the most awesome experience ever. I promise it'd be the best summer of your life. Stock up on sunscreen!”
Fola Awopetu, 2013 Orientation Leader
"Orientation was an awesome and unique experience shared with an amazing group of people!"
Ethan Wicker, 2013 Orientation Leader, 2014 Student Coordinator
“Being an Orientation Leader was an absolute blast! I had a great time and made some amazing friends along the way.”
Steven Thornton, 2013 Orientation Leader