What Happens After I Apply?
Once your application has been submitted, NSO will review it and notify you by email within two business days as to whether or not you have been selected for an individual interview.
- After applications are reviewed, selected candidates will be notified to schedule an individual interview.
- If you have not been selected for an individual interview and wish to receive feedback on your application, please request a meeting with an NSO staff member by calling 919-515-1234.
- Individual interviews will begin on October 21.
- Interviews will be held in Harrelson Hall. You will be notified of the room number prior to your interview.
- Interviews will last approximately 30 minutes with an NSO professional staff member and Student Coordinator.
- Candidates are asked to bring an item that represents their time at NC State to the interview. This activity will help us get to know you and learn how you would talk to new students about your experience at State if you were an OL.
- Please arrive early to your interview. If you have an emergency and need to reschedule your interview, please contact NSO as soon as possible at 919-515-1234.
- Selected candidates will be invited to a group interview.
- If you have not been invited to a group interview and wish to receive feedback on your individual interview, please request a meeting with an NSO staff member by calling 919-515-1234.
- Invitations to group interviews will be sent out via email on November 1.
- If you have been invited, promptly call NSO at 919-515-1234 (open weekdays 8am-5pm) to schedule your group interview time.
- Group interviews will take place Monday, November 11 and Tuesday, November 12 from 6:30p.m. - 8:00p.m.. Invited candidates will choose one of the two group interviews to attend.
- Following group interviews, candidates will receive an email on Wednesday, November 20 with our final hiring decision.
- Students who are selected to be Orientation Leaders must pick up their hiring packet from Peele 106 by Friday, November 22 at 5:00pm to review it before the "Meet the OLs" meeting on Tuesday, December 3.
- Candidates who have not been selected to be Orientation Leaders and wish to receive feedback on their interviews may request a meeting with an NSO staff member by calling 919-515-1234.
Notes About the Interview Process:
- One NC State professional reference is required to apply, such as an advisor, faculty, or staff member. Family members or undergraduate students cannot be used as a reference. First-year or transfer students in their first semester may use a previous advisor or supervisor that does not work at NC State if needed.
- NSO will send a reference form to the listed reference on your application. Completed reference forms will be considered during the selection process.
- We will primarily communicate with you via email throughout the process. Make sure to check your email often, especially as your interview dates approach and on notification days (November 1 and November 20).
- For tips on interviewing, please stop by the Career Development Center in Pullen Hall or visit their website.
- Business casual attire is recommended for individual and group interviews.
- If at any time you need to withdraw yourself as a candidate from the OL recruitment process, please contact NSO as soon as possible at 919-515-1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.