What Are The Requirements?
To be eligible to be an Orientation Leader, students must:
- Be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student in the Fall 2012, Spring 2013, & Fall 2013 semesters;
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA while employed;
- Be in good standing with the University;
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
We are looking for a diverse group of students who:
- Love NC State;
- Have a positive attitude and enthusiasm for working with new students and families;
- Exhibit leadership potential;
- Are willing to step outside their comfort zone and try new experiences;
- Want to learn more about NC State and share the information with others;
- Have a great work ethic.
Addtionally, Orientation Leaders must commit to the following employment dates:
Spring Training Course (USC 223, 2 credit hours): Spring 2013, Tu/Th 3:00 - 4:15
Additional Spring Training:
- Staff Service Project: Saturday, January 19, 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
- Staff Retreat: Saturday, February 16, 8:00a.m. - Sunday, February 17, 5:00p.m.
Summer Training: June 15 - June 23*
New Student Orientation: June 24 - August 2*, August 15-16, & August 19*
Wolfpack Welcome Week: 5 hours of work assisting at events that will take place from August 15-24
*Note: Orientation Leaders are not permitted to have outside employment from June 15 - August 2. OLs may take classes during Summer Session I that end before 12:30pm, but are not permitted to take Summer Session II or online courses from June 26 - August 2.
Still have questions? Contact Cameron Hill at 919.515.1234 or