What Are The Requirements?
To be eligible to be an Orientation Leader, students must:
- Be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student in the Fall 2013, Spring 2014, & Fall 2014 semesters;
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA while employed;
- Be in good standing with the University;
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
We are looking for a diverse group of students who:
- Love NC State;
- Have a positive attitude and enthusiasm for working with new students and families;
- Exhibit leadership potential;
- Are willing to step outside their comfort zone and try new experiences;
- Want to learn more about NC State and share the information with others;
- Set a positive example through ethical and professional behavior in person and on social media;
- Have a great work ethic.
Addtionally, Orientation Leaders must commit to the following employment dates:
Spring Training Course (USC 223, 2 credit hours): Spring 2014, Tu/Th 3:00p.m.-4:15p.m.
Staff Retreat: Saturday, January 18, 2014 at 8:00a.m. - Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 5:00p.m.
Summer Training: June 14, 2014 - June 22, 2014
New Student Orientation: June 23, 2014 - August 1, 2014, and August 14-15, 2014
Wolfpack Welcome Week: 5 hours of work assisting at events that will take place from August 16-23, 2014
- Orientation Leaders will not be permitted to take any summer coursework at NC State or any other institution (in-person or online) from June 14 through August 1, 2014.
- Outside employment is not permitted from June 14 through August 1, 2014, including weekends.
Still have questions? Contact Heather Johnsonl at 919.515.8286 or