Do you have any questions? Contact the HelpLine we'll answer your question or put you in touch with someone who can. That's our promise to you.
877-568-5733 (toll free)
Parents & Families Services
Programs and services designed to keep you informed about and connected to NC State.
Parents and Family
We're good (very good), and affordable.
Our graduates get jobs, and everyone knows it.
- Confirmed by the Wall Street Journal.
- More than 300 degree tracks prepare our students.
- Internships and co-ops provide experience.
- Our alumni network spans the globe.
Opportunities are everywhere for the Wolfpack.
We support every step.
And keep parents connected.
Things to Know
Bang for Your Buck
Tuition and fees for in-state students, compared to select N.C.-based universities' in-state rates.
- NC State: $7,788
- UNC-Chapel Hill: $7,694
- Wake Forest University: $43,200
- Duke University: $43,623
Tuition and fees for out-of-state students, compared to select regional universities' out-of-state and in-state rates, where applicable:
- NC State: $20,953 ($7,788)
- UNC-Chapel Hill: $28,446 ($7,694)
- U. of S. Carolina: $26,352 ($10,168)
- U. of Georgia: $28,052 ($9,842)
- Virginia Tech: $25,320 ($10,930)
- Georgia Tech: $29,402 ($10,098)
- Clemson: $29,600 ($12,674)
- William and Mary: $36,753 ($13,570)
- U. of Virginia: $38,018 ($12,006)
- Wake Forest: $43,200
- Georgetown: $42,870
- Duke: $43,623
Sources: ncsu.edu, finance.unc.edu and US News & World Report Best Colleges 2011
What to Expect
Applying to NC State
Learn more about the process students go through to join the Wolfpack.
Keep track of important events and deadlines.