Partnering with NC State
NC State is constantly seeking new partners from the academic, business, industrial, non-profit and government sectors to work with us on research, economic development, and curricula initiatives. If you are interested in pursuing a partnership with NC State, please contact:
- Centennial Campus to arrange a visit to our Partnership Office located in the Poulton Innovation Center. Home to more than 60 corporate, governmental and non-profit partners and NC State research units, Centennial Campus provides close access to researchers, students and faculty in a scenic, amenity-rich setting. Companies and government agencies on campus include ABB, Bandwidth, NC Wildlife Commission, WebAssign, National Weather Service, Grifols, and the USDA.
- Centennial Biomedical Campus
- Extension, Engagement, and Economic Development Office for information about joint ventures, research partnerships and other workplace initiatives.The NC State Economic Development Partnership (EDP) to learn about how the university matches proven research abilities with known resources—to attract businesses with enormous potential to North Carolina.
- Industrial Extension Service (IES) helps businesses across the state—from traditional offices, to factories and hospitals— lower costs, improve quality and shorten lead times.
- Technology Transfer to discuss partnership agreements related to research, discovery, intellectual property, patenting and licensing.
- The Center for Student Leadership and Ethics or our Service-Learning Program for information about how our emphasis on real-world experiences for our students might support your organization’s need for expertise or manpower.
- The McKimmon Center for a look at our executive education programs.
- NC State Outreach for a detailing of extension and engagement programs, including many that provide partnership opportunities for external organizations.
- University Career Development Center can help you place top NC State students as interns or new hires at your business.
- Research and Graduate Studies works with partners to place graduate students in appropriate research and scholarship situations through service to investigators and their sponsors.
NC State has partnerships with some of industry's leading innovators and businesses:
- ABB, a global leader in power and automation technologies. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs 150,000 people and operates in approximately 100 countries.
- Dole-NC State Institute for Advanced Fruit and Vegetable Science is part of a multi-million-dollar research biopolis in Kannapolis, N.C. NC State and Dole Foods will create a healthier and more sustainable supply of fruits and vegetables, based on scientific ideas and technologies that will contribute to North Carolina’s economic growth.
- Golden LEAF Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center, located on Centennial Campus, is one of the nation’s largest university-based, worker-training facilities for the biopharmaceutical industry.