Partnering with NC State
NC State is constantly seeking new partners from the academic, business, industrial, non-profit and government sectors to work with us on research, economic development, and curricula initiatives. If you are interested in pursuing a partnership with NC State, please contact:
- Centennial Campus to arrange a visit to our partnership facilities housed in this community of R&D neighborhoods. Home to more than 100 corporate and government partners and NC State research units, industries as diverse as nanosciences, ag-bio, environmental sciences, textiles and others takes place daily. Nearly 1,800 employees work on the campus, including industry leaders like Agilent Technologies, Ericsson, GlaxoSmithKline, the Iams Company, and Red Hat.
- Centennial Biomedical Campus
- Extension, Engagement, and Economic Development Office for information about joint ventures, research partnerships and other workplace initiatives.The NC State Economic Development Partnership (EDP) to learn about how the university matches proven research abilities with known resources—to attract businesses with enormous potential to North Carolina.
- Industrial Extension Service (IES) helps businesses across the state—from traditional offices, to factories and hospitals— lower costs, improve quality and shorten lead times.
- Technology Transfer to discuss partnership agreements related to research, discovery, intellectual property, patenting and licensing.
- The Center for Student Leadership and Ethics or our Service-Learning Program for information about how our emphasis on real-world experiences for our students might support your organization’s need for expertise or manpower.
- The McKimmon Center for a look at our executive education programs.
- NC State Outreach for a detailing of extension and engagement programs, including many that provide partnership opportunities for external organizations.
- University Career Center can help you place top NC State students as interns or new hires at your business.
- Research and Graduate Studies works with partners to place graduate students in appropriate research and scholarship situations through service to investigators and their sponsors.
NC State has partnerships with some of industry's leading innovators and businesses:
- MeadWestVaco, a leading global packaging company, recently opened a new packaging innovation center at Centennial Campus. Along with an investment of $14 million over the next four years, the center brings 200 jobs to campus.
- Dole-NC State Institute for Advanced Fruit and Vegetable Science is part of a multi-million-dollar research biopolis in Kannapolis, N.C. NC State and Dole Foods will create a healthier and more sustainable supply of fruits and vegetables, based on scientific ideas and technologies that will contribute to North Carolina’s economic growth.
- Golden LEAF Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center, located on Centennial Campus, is one of the nation’s largest university-based, worker-training facilities for the biopharmaceutical industry.