A WebQuest 4-5TH Grade (Language Arts)
Oretha F. DeBrew
Hello! My name is Alexander T. Wolf but you can call me
"Al". Have you ever heard the original story of "Three Little Pigs?"
If so, you would know that whole Big Bad Wolf Story was all wrong.
They accused me of killing those two little pigs. I was just an innocent
bystander who was only going to visit a neighbor for a cup of sugar to
bake a cake for my dear old granny when suddenly I knocked on the door
and found two little pigs dead as a door nail. Before I had a chance to
tell my side of the story, the policeman arrested me. If you want to know
the whole story, read "The True Story of The 3 Little Pigs " Jon Sieszka
tells you exactly what really happened.
After reading Jon's story, can you see that I was framed!
Who do you believe? Do you want to solve the case? Please ask your
teacher to assist you in a team so you can quickly search the sites
below to learn facts and information about me. Complete a Know-Want-Learn
(K-W-L) chart to answer questions relating to my life and behaviors
as a wolf. When you have completed this chart as a team, write a short
story version of what you believe based on the information you have
gathered. Be ready to present your story as evidence to the prosecutors,
jurors, and judges. Based on the judges' decision, the news reporters
will publish the real story in the school's newspaper. Remember, my
time is running out!!!!
First, each of you
will read the story,
"The True Story of The 3 Little Pigs!"
by Jon Scieszka.
2. Secondly, you'll be assigned to a team of 4 students. With your team members, you will discuss the story in details.
3. Next, you will complete the Know-Want-Learn (K-W-L) chart using
the following guidelines. Click on
5. You have finally reached a decision based on your evidence. To write your story, use the storymap for if your version is against Al or use the storymap for if your version is for Al.
6. Please use your storymap to complete your first draft.
7. When your first draft is completed, each member of your team will become experts in writing as a judge, juror, attorney and news reporter. Also each member is required to have a different position. (See Positions )
8. After each team expert has completed their task, all team members with the same task will group as a panel of judges, jurors, attorneys and news reporters. The panel will review all stories prior to the presentations.
9. Finally, the short stories will be published in the school's newspaper
You and your team can earn up to 16 points on this webquest.
has four tasks that consist of group participation, writing
short stories, presentations, and individual participation. Each task
is worth four points. Based on your performance, your teacher will
grade your success. Remind your teacher to give you the "Certificate
of Accomplishment" after you complete this webquest. You earned it!
You and your team have gathered many facts about my families and I. Thanks for taking my case. Now you see that all I wanted was a cup of sugar for my dear old granny. For your reward, you can vist my Wolf Web Page site. Oh! Can you lean me a cup of sugar?