June 27, 2005
N.C. State faculty members inducted into extension academy
Three faculty members in the College of Agriculture and Life Science and North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service were among eight recently inducted into North Carolina State University’s Academy of Outstanding Faculty Engaged in Extension.
Induction into the academy recognizes and promotes the collaborative and interdisciplinary contributions of faculty working in extension activities across the university.
This year’s inductees from the Ag and Life Sciences are:
· Debbie Roos, agricultural agent, Chatham County
· Dr. Dale Safrit, 4-H Youth Development Department
· Dr. Fred Yelverton, Crop Science Department
Other academy inductees and their colleges are:
· Dr. H. John Barnes, College of Veterinary Medicine
· Dr. Mary Louise Bellamy, College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
· Dr. Lisa Grable, College of Education
· W. Scott Payne, College of Natural Resources
· Dr. Michael Stoskopf, College of Veterinary Medicine.
In addition, A. Ray Harris, Carteret County Extension director, was among nine others who received Outstanding Extension Awards. The awards recognize outstanding faculty and employees engaged in meaningful and beneficial collaboration between the university and external partners and communities.
Posted by Natalie at June 27, 2005 07:36 AM