July 14, 2006
Marshall Stewart, Sandra Zaslow assume new duties July 1
The July 1 merger of the 4-H Youth developmen and Family and Consumer Sciences departments brings personnel changes that will create a new management efficiency model for this department. Dr. Marshall Stewart has assumed leadership as department head and State Program Leader for the new department of 4-H Youth Development and Family and Consumer Sciences.
At the same time, Dr. Sandy Zaslow will be named associate director, Youth and Family Programs. The revised organization chart for the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, is located at http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/Bar/about/CES-o-chart.pdf
In this new position, Zaslow will report directly to Dr. Jon Ort, director of the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, and will address the following needs in the area of Youth and Family Programs:
* Enhance youth and family program collaboration and partnership with NC A&T State University.
* Assist with the development of Youth and Family Programs related to Community and Rural Development.
* Assess opportunities to renew the Food Stamp Nutrition grant programs.
* Assist with development of the Expanded Foods and Nutrition Education Program partnership with NC A&T State University and provide support for the "One EFNEP" program vision.
* Work with associate directors at NC State University and the associate administrator at NC A&T State University to foster adoption of the Change Management and Marketing Initiative recommendations.
After Zaslow’s retirement this fall, this associate director title will be added to the department head and State Program Leader of the 4-H Youth Development and Family and Consumer Sciences Department.
Posted by Natalie at July 14, 2006 09:42 AM