Responsibilities Under the ADA - Supervisors & Administrators
- ensure that all employees are aware of their rights and responsibilities
under the ADA;
- address requests for accommodations expeditiously.
- Supervisors may contact the ADA Coordinator in the Disability Services Office (DSO) for assistance with these responsibilities.
- ensure that supervisors know and understand their responsibilities
under the ADA and the steps in providing an accommodation.
Both supervisors and administrators must:
- include appropriate taglines for whom to contact for accommodations
in materials disseminated from your college, department or unit;
- provide written materials in alternate formats as needed;
- schedule meetings, interviews, classes, etc., in accessible facilities;
- budget funds for reasonable accommodations.