The Ozone Pollution Learning Module was developed by Sabrina Chrzanowski and
Dennis Decoteau as part of Ms. Chrzanowski’s MS thesis in the Environmental
Pollution Control Program at Penn State University The module was designed to
educate students about ground level ozone pollution and is most appropriate for
grades 9 - 12. For more information, Sabrina can be contacted at
Best review article of the year: Booker, FL, R Muntifering, M McGrath,
KO Burkey, D Decoteau, EL Fiscus, W Manning, S Krupa, A Chappelka and DA Grantz.
2009. The Ozone Component of Global Change: Potential Effects on Agricultural
and Horticultural Plant Yield, Product Quality and Interactions with Invasive
Species" Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 51:337-351. Our paper was selected by the JIPB editorial board as the Best Expert Review
Article 2009 and most cited paper in 2011.
2013 Air Pollution Workshop -
- 2011 --
Breeding Plants for a High Ozone World, K. Burkey, Tommy Carter,
Elizabeth Ainsworth and Fitz Booker, USDA-ARS
- 2009 -- Soybean and Wheat Response to Climate Change, F. Booker, K. Burkey, E.
Fiscus, USDA-ARS Plant Science Research Unit, Raleigh, NC
- 2007 -- Study examines
effects of ozone, glyphosate on California horseweed, D. Grantz, University
of California - Riverside
- 2007 --
AspenFACE Newsletter, Vol.6, June, D. Karnosky
- 2005 -- Ozone reduces crop yields and
alters competition with weeds such as yellow nutsedge, D. Grantz,
University of California - Riverside
- 2005 -- Surface ozone could impact crops,
S. Long, University of Illinois
- 2003 -- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) protects plants from ozone, K. Burkey,
- 2002 -- Ozone pollution in the San Joaquin
Valley, D. Grantz, University of California - Riverside
- 2001 -- Ambient ozone injury to plants, J.
Skelly, Pennsylvania State University
- 2000 -- Bioindicator plants, W. Manning,
University of Massachusetts
- 2000 -- Elevated carbon dioxide and ozone
interactions on crops, F. Booker, USDA-ARS
- 1998 -- Ozone effects on livestock forage, R.
Muntifering, Auburn University