Room Reservations for Student Organizations
North Carolina State University
Department of Registration and Records
1000 Harris Hall
PLEASE READ THE POLICIES BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING THE FORM BELOW
Room Requests are now being accepted for Spring 2013 only.
- University classrooms may be scheduled from 7a.m. to 10p.m. for the current semester only
- Rooms are not assigned until after the first full week of the semester is over
- Rooms are not scheduled during finals week, university holidays, and during breaks between semesters
- In order to reserve a room on campus, your student organization must be registered (each year) with the Student Organization Resource Center in 1202 Talley Student Center.
- Buildings and rooms requested on the form are not guaranteed and you may be placed in a comparable room based on availability
- Submit your request at least 2 business days before your event. Last minute requests should be e-mailed to the Event Scheduler at email@example.com with the date of your event in the subject.
- If you need additional time to set-up and tear-down, please include that in your start and end time. Your reservation start time is the earliest time you may enter the room, and the end time is when everyone involved with your meeting or event needs to be out of the room.
Room Use Policies
- All chairs, desks, and equipment must remain in the room. If items are moved, please return them to their proper position.
- Your reservation only gives you access to equipment in your room, and you may not pull equipment from other rooms or common spaces. If you require any additional tables/chairs/etc. please include that information in the “additional details” part of the form or respond to the Event Scheduler’s confirmation email.
- Any amplified sound, music, singing, etc. must not be disruptive to other events and classes nearby.
- Many buildings prohibit food. Please let the Event Scheduler know if there will be food at your event so we can place you in the correct building.
- For those buildings that allow food, please clean up all trash and dispose of it in a dumpster outside the building.
- Candles, lighters, incense, or any open flame is prohibited in all rooms
- Use of campus facilities for solicitation, addresses, or public assemblies require written permission from the Student Organization Resource Center in Talley Student Center AND must comply with university regulations
- If serious complaints are filed because of misuse of rooms, Registration and Records may deny future requests for that organization.
Evening and Weekend Policies
- Many of the campus buildings are locked on the weekends and after 5pm on the weekdays
- Registration and Records doesn’t own or distribute keys to groups for locked rooms
- The student listed on the reservation is responsible for contacting Campus Safety or a key contact to unlock doors
- The procedure for contacting Campus Safety to unlock doors
Please contact the Event Scheduler with any questions about your building’s closing times and/or key contacts
- Provide the name of the student who will call Campus Safety on the form below.
- The day of the event Call Campus Safety (515-3000) with plenty of time before your event begins to come unlock doors.
- The student MUST have a copy of the confirmation e-mail with his/her name in the e-mail to present to Campus Police.
- The student must also have a photo id for verification.
- When the program is over, the student must call and wait for Campus Police to arrive and lock the building.