Registration Help Topics
Change my Unity Password
Increase Display Size
Schedule Revision Deadlines
List View vs. Weekly Calendar View
To increase the size of the text on the MyPack Portal Registration page, select "View" on your Internet toolbar, then "Text Size," and select the appropriate adjustment.
Courses may be added directly to your schedule by using the Enrollment menu in MyPack Portal if you know the exact course prefix, course number and section number entered into the enroll fields. Enrollment for exact courses depends on the course's availability at the time of enrollment.
The following functions may be performed with a class, which for some of these options, requires going to the "Edit" field in Enrollment if the course is already added into your schedule:
- Add - Add the course to your schedule
- Drop - Drop the course from your schedule
- Audit - Audit the course (Choose this "Graded" method during one of the enrollment steps)
- Waitlist - Reserve the course meeting on your schedule and wait for a space to become available (see below) (Choose this "Graded" method during one of the enrollment steps)
- Change to Audit - Change a course that is already in your schedule to audit grading
- Change to Credit Only - Change a course that is already in your schedule to credit only grading
- Change to Letter Grade - Change a course that is already in your schedule to letter grading
You may search for courses by entering the course prefix and a course number or level. On the first line you must select the Class Subject (prefix/name). If the subject is unknown, please consult the schedule of courses for a list of available prefixes and subject title. After the subject is entered, you may then search by course number or course level (ie. 100, 200, 300, 400 level, etc.).
Added features, the Advanced Search fields, allow you to search by course location, availability, instructor, time of day, etc.
- Open - Course seats are available in the sections listed which do not require you meeting a restriction.
- Waitlist - You may waitlist the course and wait on a list for available spots to become open. Depending on the number of waitlist seats available, your number on the list will change. When you list your schedule, the number to the far right will indicate your place on the waitlist. If you place yourself on a waitlist, that day and time have been reserved in your schedule. You cannot add another section of that course or another course that meets at the same day and time. Wait listed hours will be included in tuition and fee charges. After the tuition due date, students who have not paid in full will be dropped from their courses. Seats opened by these cancellations will be filled by students on wait lists. Wait lists will be dropped after the fifth day of class.
- Restricted - Certain courses are restricted to a select group of students. These restrictions can be by major, enrollment status, class, GPA, or special programs such as the Engineering Laptop Program or Park Scholars. Restrictions that apply to each course are listed in the Course Listing and may be viewed by selecting the course prefix and number link.
The course listing will take you to the Schedule of Courses. Here, you may view the course offerings for the selected semester. Course descriptions may be found by selecting the underlined link of the course prefix and number. This link will take you directly to the course catalog.
When you view your schedule in the My Class Schedule link of MyPack Portal, you have three choices for viewing your schedule. The List View allows you to see many details including the day and time the class meets, its location, instructor name, the number of units, etc. Also, you can choose to view just the classes you are enrolled for or "Show Dropped Classes" if you choose. The screen defaults to "Show Enrolled Classes" and "Show Waitlisted Classes."
The Weekly Calendar View allows you to view your schedule in time table form so you can easily see the time your classes meet. Remember to select the date and "Refresh Calendar" if you need to view another week on the calendar. Also, there are several display options. You can choose to leave out certain days of the week by un-checking the box for that day as well as including the instructor name or class title. Just remember to "Refresh Calendar" any time you make changes to view what you want.
Click the "Schedule grid view" green box to get a time block view of your schedule with the schedule listed at the bottom as well. This is the most preferred view of the class schedule.
To view the description of a course you are interested in, simply go to the Class Search tab in the Enrollment menu and click Browse Catalog. Scroll to the subject and click on the course link. This will bring you to the class details where you may view the description of the class approved by the university. This Catalog search within Enrollment represents classes currently offered in the Schedule of Courses. For class descriptions of classes that may or may not be currently offered, you may go to the Course Catalog on the Courses page.
Students must meet with their advisors to have their Advising Hold removed prior to their Enrollment Date.
Schedule revision deadlines for the semester may prohibit your registration process online. In the case that you have passed a registration deadline, registration can only occur through a schedule revision form that you receive from the department offering the desired course. In some cases you will need a signature from your advisor and a signature from the Dean of your college. Semester deadlines may be viewed on the Registration and Records main homepage through the "Calendars" link.
To print your schedule, click on "My Class Schedule," and select either the List View or Weekly Calendar View then go to File-->Print Preview--> Select "Only Selected Frame"--> Print.
Unity passwords are not changed through Registration and Records. You must contact Information Technology. Passwords are easiest changed on the web via the Password Change website.
Some seats in courses may be restricted to certain populations of students. If you do not understand the restrictions in the online Schedule of Courses, please consult our restriction code page.