About Ticket Central
Ticket Central serves as the centralized box office for the visual and performing arts programs at NC State. In addition to serving the six arts programs of ARTS NC STATE, our office provides ticketing services on a fee basis for many campus, and community events.
With our computerized ticketing system we provide tickets for around 500 events each year in a number of different performance spaces including Stewart Theatre and Thompson Theatre. Except for the Director and Assistant Manager, all Ticket Central staff members are NC State students.
Ticket Central is committed to providing exceptional customer service to its customers, helpful sales and marketing information to its ticketing clientele, and a positive work environment for its staff of student employees. Ticket Central is committed to conducting its business transactions professionally and accurately. Our office will work to provide all student representatives with skills they will find useful after graduation including: teamwork, responsibility, communication skills, customer service skills, and business etiquette.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible hours to work with your academic schedule.
- Opportunity to work with the visual and performing arts programs and attend their performances.
- Learn a variety of skills that will help you succeed after graduation
- Earn money while having fun!
- Employees must be friendly, responsible, reliable, and self motivated.
- Employees must be willing to work as a team in a fast paced environment.
- Candidates should have a positive attitude, and a desire to provide great customer service.
- Candidates should have strong computer skills and an interest in the arts.
Our regular hours of operation are Mon-Fri 12-6pm. Hours do vary, however, based upon the University's Academic Schedule. On weeknights with performances we will remain open until curtain. On weekends with performances we will open one and a half hours prior to curtain.
How to Apply
If you fit this description, bring your completed application and class schedule to Ticket Central, located in the lobby of Frank Thompson Hall.
You may always contact us to see if we are hiring; however, you may drop your application off at any time! If we are not conducting a search when we receive your application we will keep it on file in the case of future vacancies. If you have any questions, please contact us.