Working with other students in a helping role will provide you with some of the most valuable experience you could ever get during your college years.
Students interested in becoming chemistry, math, or physics tutors in Fall 2013 need to attend an 30-minute information session. Students who wish to be writing and speaking tutors will find information on WSTS's page.
Tutors will be selected and added by our staff to a section of USC 210, Introduction to College Tutoring.
Final information sesstions for for Fall 2013 tutors will be held Monday and Tuesday August 19th and 20th. Check back in August for times and locations.
Top 5 reasons to become a tutor
- Solidify subject knowledge for future courses and GRE preparation
- Develop communication skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Earn money
- Prepare for future team employment
- Be an enrolled undergraduate with at least a 3.25 GPA overall
- Attend an information session about becoming a UTC tutor
- Have received a A or better in one of the courses listed below.
- Enroll in USC 210, Introduction to College tutoring , a 1-credit hour course, the first semester you tutor for the UTC. This course is available during the 10-week summer session and during the fall and spring semesters.
- Tutor at least 2 students per week (about 4 hours/week.)
- Be able to tutor 2 subsequent semesters
- The pay for tutoring while taking the class is $8.50/hour. Future pay increases are determined by the number of hours of tutoring experience and training.
- After successful completion of USC 210, students are eligible to become SI leaders, Sign-up tutors, and group tutors. Students who want to tutor for the Writing and Speaking Tutorial Services should complete a WSTS application.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CH 100, 101, 111, 201, 221, 220, 223
- MA 107, 108, 111, 121, 131, 141, 231, 241, 242
- PY 205M, 205N, 205H, 208M, 208N, 208H, 211, 212
- Students who wish to be writing and speaking tutors will find information on WSTS's homepage.