I've had an orientation in a previous semester, and I need a tutor for a 100-200 level Math, Physics, or Chemistry course this semester. What do I do?
You need to complete an application for tutoring this semester. Here are some things to consider before completing your application.
How much help do you think you need this semester?
- I don't know. I may need consistent help, or I may only need to come when I hit difficulties.
- Sign Up tutoring offers you the choice to decide how much help your need each week. Some weeks you may not come, while others you may work up to two hours per week.
- I know I need to work two hours a week, every week, throughout the semester (even on weeks after a major test)
- Weekly Assigned program may be right for you.
How consistent is your schedule?
- Not very.
- Sign Up tutoring offers you the flexibility to schedule when you are available and cancel up to the night before with no penalty.
- Either the Weekly Assigned program or Sign Up may be right for you.
Anything else I need to know?
- Students who cannot attend a SU appointment must cancel online by midnight the day before the appointment to avoid accruing a no show. Notification of cancellations after midnight are appreciated and must be made through the UTC office by calling 515-3163.
- Remember that the UTC tutors are here to help you. They are not a replacement for going to class, doing homework, and completing class readings. You are expected to come to your sessions prepared: having attended class and taken notes , with all necessary books and materials , having attempted homework and read assignments. Coming unprepared more than once will result in the tutee being charged with a no-show.
- Two cumulative no-shows in our tutor by appointment programs (WA, SU, or any combination) will result in the loss of the privilege to utilize WA and SU for the rest of the semester. Furthermore, conditional approval must then be received from the UTC Director to use these programs in future semesters.
- We do not guarantee weekly assigned tutor assignments, please use sign up tutoring until you are assigned a weekly tutor (if at all). After waiting two business days, you should make a sign up appointment.
- Sign Up appointments must be made via phone (919-515-3163) or in person (Park Shops 101). In general, the office is open for making appointments Monday - Thursday 9 am - 7 pm; Friday 9 am - 5 pm.
- Our full policies and procedures are posted here.
I agree to adhere to the UTC policies and procedures and understand that failure to follow UTC policies will result in the loss of all individual tutoring services this semester