- Attend lectures for your assigned class, take notes, work through all homework assignments
- Plan and facilitate a minimum of three, one hour long peer assisted, interactive SI study sessions per week in your assigned academic subject
Minimum Criteria Needed to Apply:
- Must have taken and received a minimum of a B+ in the course
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must have previously taken USC 210 Tutor Training Course or be willing to concurrently enroll
- Must be willing to attend all lectures for course and hold 3-4 SI sessions per week
- Must attend all SI meetings and training sessions
- Must be willing to work with course faculty
- Must be willing to make a commitment to be an SI leader for the entire semester.
- Must be friendly and enjoy working with people
Note: Employment is competitive and meeting minimum criteria does not guarantee that the applicant will be selected.
SI leaders are hired every semester.
Most SI leaders will be hired after previously taking USC 210, the tutor training course.
Download the Word Document (33 KB) and send to:
Megan Ryals, SI Coordinator
NC State Undergraduate Tutorial Center
204E Park Shops, Box 7118
Raleigh, NC 27695-7118