Face-to-face SessionsIt's hard to beat sitting next to someone to have a conversation about your writing. The helpful nature of immediate feedback makes coming to the Undergraduate Tutorial Center (UTC) the most popular way to use WSTS.
During a WSTS session the consultant will help you brainstorm, organize an outline, or even read through your draft with you. Face-to-face appointments are available Monday through Friday. Appointment policies are provided in detail below the table of our hours.
If you can not make an appointment, drop-in for help in the afternoons. All drop-in visits happen on a first-come, first served basis.
||Park Shops 101||11am - 5pm||11am - 5pm||11am - 5pm||11am - 5pm||11am - 2pm|
|Drop - in||Park Shops 101||2pm - 5pm||3pm - 5pm||2pm - 5pm||3pm - 5pm|
Making AppointmentsWSTS is here to help any NCSU Undergraduate student. We use Google Calendar's Appointments feature. Please adhere to the following policies in order to ensure that we can continue to serve as many NCSU undergraduate students as possible.
- Before making your WSTS appointment, please make sure you have logged out of any other Google account you may have.
- Make sure your calendar is set to Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Make all appointments using your NCSU e-mail account. Appointments not made with NCSU e-mail accounts will be canceled. Directions for making appointments are here.
- WSTS Appointments are made in 30 minute intervals. Students who would like an hour long appointment may make 2 thirty-minute appointments back to back. (WSTS consultants need time to complete their administrative duties between sessions. They will end sessions at :25 and :50 minutes.)
- Students may have 1 hour of appointments a day.
- Students may make up to 2 hours of appointments in one week (1 hour may be online).
- Appointments may be made up to 2 weeks in advance. Appointments made too far in advance will be canceled.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late earn a No-Show.
- Students who use less than 1/2 of their appointment time earn a No-Show.
- Appointments must be canceled by midnight the day before an appointment. When deleting an appointment please choose "Delete and Notify guests." Missing an appointment without canceling, canceling after midnight the day of an appointment, or failure to notify the WSTS that you have canceled an appointment will result in a No-Show.
- All members of a group must be present when working on a group project.
- Students who want to practice a presentation should make a 60 minute appointment. If you would like to be videotaped please make a note on your appointment.
Making an appointment certifies your agreement to abide by these policies.
Directions for making appointments are here.
Book a Face-to-face Appointment at the UTC
Sign in using your Unity ID and Password
****IMPORTANT: If you were not prompted to log in, then you may be signed in with a personal Gmail account. Log out of all Gmail accounts to ensure you must log in to make your appointment using your NCSU account. Appointments made with non-NCSU e-mail accounts will be canceled.
Click on a consultant's name to make an appointment. (When an appointment is already booked no name will be available.)
In order to ensure that as many students as possible can make WSTS appointments, WSTS has a No-Show policy. Any student receiving two No-Shows in a semester, regardless of the type, loses the privilege of making WSTS appointments of any kind until they meet with WSTS Coordinator Dr. Brandy L. Grabow.