Speaking ServicesIn addition to helping you with any writing project, WSTS can also help you with any presentation you need to prepare. From brainstorming ideas to practicing your presentation, consultants are here to help. To best provide the type of help you need we simply ask that you provide us with some information. When you make an appointment, please indicate in the notes that you would like help with a speaking project.
If you are ready to practice your presentation in front of a consultant please: Make a 1 hour face-to-face appointment. (One hour appointments can be made by booking two 30 minute appointments back to back.)
Park Shops 101 (Face-to-Face)
|Closed||11am - 5pm||11pm - 5pm||11am - 5pm||11pm - 5pm||11am - 2pm|
Speaking Services appointments adhere to the WSTS policies listed below.
- Before making your WSTS appointment, please make sure you have logged out of any other Google account you may have.
- Make sure your calendar is set to Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Make all appointments using your NCSU email account. Appointments not made with NCSU email accounts will be canceled. Directions for making appointments are here.
- WSTS Appointments are made in 30 minute intervals. Students who would like an hour long appointment may make 2 thirty-minute appointments back to back. (WSTS consultant may need time to complete their administrative duties between session, and may end sessions at :25 and :50 minutes when the center is busy.)
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late for a 30 minute appointment, or 20 mintues late for a 60 minute appointments earn a No-Show.
- Students who use less than 1/2 of their appointment time earn a No-Show.
- Students may make up to 2 hours of appointments in one week (one hour on any day).
- Appointments may be made up to 2 weeks in advance. Appointments made too far in advance will be canceled.
- Appointments must be canceled by mid-night the day before an appointment. When deleting an appointment please choose "Delete and Notify guests." Missing an appointment without canceling, canceling the day of an appointment, or failure to notify the WSTS that you have canceled an appointment will result in a No-Show.
- All members of a group must be present when working on a group project.
- Students who want to practice a presentation should make a 60 minute appointment. If you would like to be videotaped please make a note on your appointment.
Making an appointment certifies your agreement to abide by these policies.
Directions for making appointments are here.
Sign in using your Unity ID and Password
****IMPORTANT: If you were not prompted to log in, then you may be signed in with a personal account. Log out of all gmail accounts to ensure you must log in to make your appointment using your NCSU account. Appointments made with non-NCSU email accounts will be canceled.
Click on a consultant's name to make an appointment. (When an appointment is already booked no name will be available.)
In order to ensure that as many students as possible can make WSTS appointments, WSTS has a No-Show policy. Any student receiving two No-Shows in a semester, regardless of the type, loses the privilege of making WSTS appointments of any kind until they meet with WSTS Coordinator Brandy L. Grabow.