Become a WSTS Consultant!
Becoming a WSTS Consultant provides you with valuable experience in your undergraduate career. As a consultant you have the opportunity to strengthen your own writing and communication skills while helping fellow students.
All applicants must:
- Submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and instructor reference.
- Be available to work at least 4 hours a week.
- Be available for staff meetings.
- Be able to tutor 2 subsequent semesters.
- Contribute to the development of WSTS resources.
- Have completed English 101.
- Have a 3.25 gpa at the time of hiring, and maintain at least a 3.0 gpa during employment.
- Enroll in USC 210, Introduction to College Tutoring, a 1-credit hour course, the first semester you work for WSTS. (If you are hired, WSTS staff will take care of enrollment for you.)
WSTS is now accepting applications.
The Graduate Writing Center will open in fall semester 2013. Graduate students interested in working at the writing center should follow the same application procedure.
Please submit a hard copy of the cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Dr. Brandy L. Grabow at Park Shops 101.
The cover letter should address:
- Why you want to work for WSTS.
- Any experience you've had using a writing support service like WSTS.
- Any experience you've had helping others with their writing or speaking projects.
- Any time you've received feedback, or constructive criticism, and how you responded to it.
The Writing Sample should be a piece of research based academic writing from a course you've already completed.
The instructor's reference should come from an instructor familiar with you and your writing. In addition to your writing skills they should address your ability to work with fellow students. References can be submitted with your application packet, or e-mailed directly to email@example.com .
If you have questions please contact Dr. Brandy L. Grabow, or by phone at 515-5619.