University Communications, a part of University Advancement, builds positive relationships between NC State University and its many constituents through strategic internal and external communications that convey the university’s brand identity. The office focuses its efforts on:
- Increasing awareness of the university's distinctive benefits
- Ensuring consistency in university-wide messaging and visual identity by facilitating integration and coordination of public relations and communications efforts throughout the university
- Monitoring and responding to public issues and perceptions
- Providing marketing, communication and Web strategy, counsel and creative services to campus clients
- Providing guidance and resource assistance for university events
University Communications is composed of the following units:
- Communication Services provides strategic and creative development of marketing communications and educational programs that support NC State University and its many units. This includes the creation of Web, print, electronic and video communications, and managing the use of NC State's campus for commercial film and video shoots. Services include video and DVD production, website design, photography and print publications design. Communication Services also serves as a resource for the university's graphic identity and publications style guidelines. Working in concert with Web Communications and News Services, Communication Services promotes and supports all aspects of the university.
- News Services provides strategic communications for internal and external audiences to ensure local, national and worldwide visibility for the university, its faculty and staff. In addition to public relations and media relations efforts, the News Services staff members produce and distribute news stories via the Internet, e-newsletters and direct communications. The unit produces the Bulletin, a weekly e-newsletter for the campus community, as well as a monthly e-newsletter for external constituencies. News Services staff members also are engaged in communications counsel, issues management and crisis communication and notifications.
- Web Communications coordinates strategic Web development, programming, content creation and content management for the core university Web site including the home page and the primary level pages. The unit promotes consistent brand messaging and marketing-focused content throughout the NC State Web presence that is consistent with university marketing strategies, and promotes integration of those messages on sites managed by other university departments. The unit also manages Web graphic standards.