Research | Design | Training | Outreach Activities include applied research studies on human factors and user needs, usability of accessible and universally designed products and environments, and the impact of universal design.
- Advances knowledge of universal design principles
- Identifies user needs
- Conducts design and market research
- Evaluates universal design solution
We find solutions to specific accessibility needs at various levels of design-e.g., whole houses, buildings, spaces or products-and provide design development services for universally usable products, building components and spaces.
- Provides concept development for new products
- Conducts architectural and product evaluations
- Plan Consultation
- Provides design and marketing assistance to business and industry
The Center's education program provides courses, workshops and presentations for students, advocates, builders, designers, engineers, service providers and government agencies.
- Develops post-secondary curricula Conducts seminars and workshops Develops and conducts training programs
- Assists in program development
The outreach program collects, develops and disseminates information on all aspects of accessibility and universal design.
- Develops materials and publications Provides telephone information and referral servicesMaintains a library, referral database and comprehensive website
- Provides informational presentations