The annual Art to Wear collaborative fashion show produced by students from the Colleges of Design and Textiles is set for Thursday, April 23rd in a new venue, Reynolds Coliseum, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are free and the event is open to the public. Reserved seats (limited) are available for a donation to Art to Wear. More information about purchasing merchandise and tickets is available online here.
Judging for the College of Design and College of Textiles annual Art to Wear fashion show was held Friday, Feb. 6, 2009. Fifteen students’ fashion lines were chosen this year. The judges were: Myriah Zaytoun, a designer for Ralph Lauren who is from Raleigh, Nico Morrison, a Meredith College graduate who has an organic clothing line in Los Angeles, and Kate Kretz, an artist from Burlington. This year’s event is set for Thursday, April 23 in Reynolds Coliseum. Faculty advisors are Dr. Cindy Istook (Textiles) and Jan-Ru Wan (Design). Below are the students who were juried into the 2009 show.
• Hannah Goff – Junior in Textile Apparel Management
• Vansana Nolintha - Senior in Art + Design and Chemistry
• Alyssa McNamara - Junior in Textile Technology and Art + Design – Anni Albers Scholar
• Adrienne McKenzie – Senior in Art + Design
• Courtney Hummel – Senior in Textile and Apparel Management
• Charlotte Guice - Senior in Art + Design
• Veronica Tibbitts - Junior in Textile Technology and Art + Design – Anni Albers Scholar
• Amy Quinn - SHOW DIRECTOR – Graduate student in Textile Management and Technology Concentration in Design
• Shelly Smith - Senior in Textile Technology and Art + Design - Anni Albers Scholar
• Allison Russell – Senior in Textile and Apparel Management and Biological Sciences
• Lauren Boynton – Junior in Art + Design
• Jessica Roush – Senior in Textile Technology and Art + Design – Anni Albers Scholar
• Katlyn Griffin – Senior in Fashion and Textile Management and Art + Design
• Leigh Lavange – Senior in Textile and Apparel Management
• Chase Kennedy - Sophomore in Fashion and Textile Management
The students will update their Web site as more information becomes available. Visit http://ncsuarttowear.com.