The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences discovers, teaches and applies knowledge to disciplines that effect safe, affordable supplies of food and fiber, a cleaner environment and better health for people and animals.
- Agricultural and Human Sciences
- Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Animal Science
- Applied Ecology
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- Entomology and Plant Pathology
- Food, Bioprocessing, and Nutrition Sciences
- Horticultural Science
- Molecular and Structural Biochemistry
- Plant and Microbial Biology
- Prestage Family Department of Poultry Science
NC State's College of Design has a long and distinguished record of producing skilled professionals in design-related disciplines. Its goal is to develop the student-designer's perception, knowledge, skills and problem-solving abilities.
The College of Education prepares teachers, administrators, counselors, researchers and analysts for careers in education from K-12 to postsecondary. It emphasizes global cultural awareness and the use of technology for enhanced learning.
- Educational Leadership, Policy, and Human Development
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics Education
- Teacher Education and Learning Sciences
NC State's College of Engineering ranks among the best in the nation in innovation, research and the number of undergraduate and graduate degrees awarded across traditional and cutting-edge engineering disciplines.
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences provides education, research and extension services in traditional humanities fields including literature, communications and political science. The college also focuses on public policy, global perspectives and other rapidly emerging disciplines such as rhetoric, film studies and digital media.
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Political Science [in the School of Public and International Affairs]
- Public Administration [in the School of Public and International Affairs]
- Social Work
- Sociology and Anthropology
The College of Natural Resources (CNR) is a world leader in the use and conservation of renewable resources and is recognized by many as a leading educator and researcher in forestry, environmental sciences, wood, paper, pulp, parks, recreation and tourism. CNR believes that nurturing the environment and engineering sustainable products go hand in hand with helping communities and enterprises thrive.
NC State's Poole College of Management emphasizes innovation management and the commercialization of technology. Its accounting, business management and economics programs are global in scope, and the college often participates in the initiatives of other NC State departments, giving students the opportunity to resolve real-world challenges while putting theory into practice.
The College of Sciences, launched July 1, 2013, is home to the physical and chemical sciences, the mathematical and statistical sciences, the biological sciences and the earth-system sciences. With departments and faculty members ranked among the nation's best in their fields, the college's focus on multidisciplinary collaboration builds a foundation of experience that prepares students for the real world.
The College of Textiles is the world's leading program for textile education. Areas of study range from traditional manufacturing to medical textiles, nonwovens and marketing and supply chain management.
The College of Veterinary Medicine is among the top five teaching facilities of its kind in the nation. Through comprehensive classroom instruction, outstanding laboratory facilities and a veterinary teaching hospital, the college provides state-of-the-art medical care while training veterinarians and researchers in the latest technologies and practices.
The Graduate School is at the heart of the university's vast research community. It offers programs in more than 100 areas, plus numerous minors, certificate programs and interdisciplinary options. Many of these graduate programs are ranked among the nation's best and combine dynamic research opportunities with an emphasis on collaboration between departments to give NC State graduate students an outstanding education.
In the University College, student success is our number one priority. We challenge you to think bigger, to find innovative solutions for real-world problems. Our rigorous coursework and on-campus resources provide you with the tools you need to excel. The University College brings all of the academic services in the Division of Academic and Student Affairs into one centralized entity.
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Dance Program
- Exploratory Studies
- Health and Exercise Studies
- Naval ROTC