NC State’s Distance Education program provides learning to students wherever they’re located and whatever their life circumstances. As an extension of the university’s land-grant mission, we offer more than 300 distance education courses and 68 degrees, certificates, lateral entry or teacher licensure programs.
- Search distance education programs
- View the listing of distance education courses
- Learn how to apply
- Get tuition information
- Explore student services
- Contact an advisor
Students and instructors can access their courses online through WolfWare, the NC State suite of learning tools.
Technology and Teaching
Through Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications (DELTA), the university ensures that the world has ready access to an NC State education. Through the integration and support of innovative learning technologies, DELTA creates a host of opportunities for students across the state and around the globe.
- Visit DELTAwire for the latest news and reports about distance education and learning technologies at NC State.
- The LearnTech help desk provides hands-on support for NC State learning technologies, including WolfWare.
- The wider 17-campus University of North Carolina offers more than 300 diverse online programs and courses through UNC Online.
NC State has been a national and global leader in engineering since it first opened its doors. That world-class learning is now available remotely through Engineering Online, ranked No. 9 nationally among online graduate engineering programs by U.S. News and World Report.
The NC State Professional Online MBA puts affordable, flexible management education within the reach of working professionals. The online program is ranked among the top 20 nationwide by both Poets & Quants and Bloomberg Businessweek.
College of Natural Resources
The College of Natural Resources comprises three departments — Forestry and Environmental Resources, Recreation and Tourism Management, and Forest Biomaterials — that rank among the nation’s best in their fields. Through its distance education programs, the college offers four graduate degrees and two certificates.