The NC State Dept. of Chemistry hosts a Research Experience for Undergraduates Program for undergraduates from around the country. We welcome all U.S. citizens and permanent residents to apply to become part of our cutting-edge research laboratories.
NC State is located near the Research Triangle Park, one of the world’s leading research areas and home to GlaxoSmithKline, Environmental Protection Agency, Syngenta, Du Pont, and BASF, to name just a few.
Program Details (subject to changes):
- 10-week program, approximately May 26 to July 31
- Free on-campus housing
- Travel assistance available
- Projects are interdisciplinary and this year will include a computational component
- Take part in a number of training workshops and seminars
- Get trained with state-of-the-art equipment (NMR, Mass Spec, Laser Facilities,
Biological Instrumental Facilities, etc.)
- Present your research at a campus-wide poster symposium
- Gain valuable communication experience
The program is run by Profs. Elon Ison, Elena Jakubikova, and Reza Ghiladi, although you will be placed in one of many labs in our department.