General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry
Alpha Chi Sigma Advisor
Health Professions Review Committee
Office: 620 Dabney Hall
Phone: (919) 515-1327
Fax: (919) 515-8909
- B.S., Tennessee Temple University, 1982
- Ph.D., North Carolina State University, 1998
- NCSU Academy of Outstanding Teachers (2001)
- LeRoy and Elva Martin Award for Teaching Excellence (Spring 2005)
- Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor for 2006-2008
- Gertrude Cox Award (Spring 2014)
- Organic Chemistry Topics
- Alkane Nomenclature Presentations
- You will learn to identify primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary carbons.
- You will learn the IUPAC nomenclature names and alkyl substituent names.
- You will learn how to name branched alkanes using IUPAC nomenclature rules.
- Organic Chemistry Redox Reactions (new window)
- Organic Chemistry Prerequisite Knowledge (general chemistry review)
- Electron Configuration
- Lewis Structure and Formal Charge
- Hybridization and Molecular Shapes
- Resonance Structures (new window)
(If the presentation does not open, make sure you do not have pop-ups disabled and you have a current Java update — at least version 1.5.0.)