Working as One Pack
At NC State, we’re doing everything we can to protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following are some important reminders to help keep our community safe. These will be updated as needed. Please continue to visit this website for the most current information on NC State’s response to COVID-19.
This information is subject to change. Last updated: Sept. 22, 2021.
What You Need to Know
- To date, 34,393 members (77%) of our community have either uploaded vaccine records to the HealthyPack portal or have been fully vaccinated on campus:
- Faculty: 92%
- Staff: 74%
- Undergraduate students: 75%
- Graduate students: 84%
- All students, faculty and staff who will be on campus (or at any NC State owned or operated location across the state) for any reason must provide proof of vaccination or they will be required to participate in weekly surveillance testing on campus.
- Face coverings are required in all indoor spaces on campus for students, faculty, staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, unless:
- When a student is in their own residence hall room alone or with their roommates;
- When a faculty or staff member is alone in their enclosed, private office;
- When an individual is actively eating or drinking indoors;
- Face coverings are not currently required in outdoor spaces for vaccinated individuals, but they are encouraged, especially in large crowds. Anyone who has not been fully vaccinated should continue wearing a face covering outdoors.
- Face coverings will continue to be required on NC State’s Wolfline buses.
In addition, please keep this information in mind:
- Any NC State student, faculty member or staff member with a valid NC State ID can get tested on campus. All testing is provided free of charge. For the latest updated information on testing locations and hours of operation, click here.
- Vaccines are highly encouraged. All faculty, staff, students, alumni and their family members aged 12 years and older can get vaccinated at NC State. For more information on vaccines, click here.
- NC State regularly updates vaccination, testing, self-reporting, vaccination, quarantine and isolation data on the COVID-19 Data Tracking page.
It Takes a Wolfpack
In addition to outlining ways for us all to protect ourselves and others, NC State will continue providing important information to keep students, families, faculty and staff safe, healthy and thriving.
Use the links below to find information and resources covering most aspects of being a member of the Wolfpack family during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Think and Do
As a public land-grant university, we owe it to the people of our state to tackle challenges such as COVID-19 — and to keep delivering world-class academics, research and outreach for North Carolina and beyond, whatever the circumstances. We strive to ensure that the things we learn and discover on campus will improve lives far beyond it.
If you’re new to this community, know that we’ll have your back — during this pandemic and long after it’s over.