What You Need to Know
NC State continues to work with county and state health officials to monitor and respond to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Effective immediately and until further notice, NC State is implementing the following actions to keep our campus community safe and to limit the potential of COVID-19 impacting our ability to fulfill the university’s core academic mission:
- Effective immediately and throughout the remainder of the spring semester, NC State students who occupy university housing are instructed to remain at or return to their permanent off-campus residences, unless granted an exception.
- All classes are now being offered online.
- The university will remain open with minimal on-campus operations, which includes moving to fully online courses, requiring remote or alternative work arrangements for the majority of employees, and closing or significantly limiting core service facilities.
- Effective immediately and until further notice, only mandatory employees who need to report to work on campus should do so. All non-mandatory employees — including temporary employees and student workers — will continue to be assigned work and will be expected to work remotely to the fullest extent possible.
- Employees who cannot work remotely because of childcare or eldercare needs due to COVID-19-related school and facility closings will receive paid administrative leave until Mar. 31, 2020, for the period of time they are unavailable to work.
- On March 27, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper issued a stay-at-home order for the entire state as part of the effort to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Under the order, educational institutions, including NC State, are identified as Essential Businesses and Operations.
- All spring 2020 commencement exercises are postponed. More information about updated commencement plans will be released in the weeks ahead.
Campus community members with other questions related to COVID-19 can call the Wolfpack Response Line at 919-512-3272.
News and Updates View All Updates
Mar 31, 2020
Campus COVID-19 Update March 31, 2020
We hope all in the NC State community are staying safe and healthy as our Pack continues to navigate the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We’re in our second...
Mar 30, 2020
Prorated Housing and Dining Refunds for Students
NC State Students and Parents, We are pleased to inform you that NC State will provide prorated refunds to students for their unused housing and dining plans this semester. During...
Mar 30, 2020
College of Education Faculty, Instructors Offer Resources to Help Parents Teaching At Home During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
With schools closed and many parents now educating their children at home because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, College of Education faculty are offering tips and resources to help parents...