NC State Community,
Please see a new message from Chancellor Woodson here.
In the message, Chancellor Woodson shares more about how NC State is working to reactivate certain campus operations and planning to safely bring people back to campus throughout the summer and into the fall.
In line with Gov. Cooper’s phased approach to reopening the state, some in-person activities have and will continue to increase in select areas including research, Extension and the NC State Veterinary Hospital. However, the majority of NC State employees will continue working remotely until further notice.
The Chancellor has also named 10 task forces to finalize recommendations for the reactivation of NC State over the summer in preparation for a successful fall semester. The areas of focus and respective leaders are:
- Academic Calendar (Louis Hunt)
- Campus Facilities and Grounds (Doug Morton)
- Student Activities (Lisa Zapata)
- Organized Research (Mladen Vouk)
- Extension (Rich Bonanno)
- Partnerships, Engagement and Economic Development (Kevin Howell and Leslie Boney)
- Development and Alumni Engagement (Brian Sischo)
- Athletics (Boo Corrigan)
- Campus Enterprises and Dining (Rich Berlin)
- University Housing (Donna McGalliard)
NC State aims to have preliminary planning documents drafted by June 1, and in coordination with the UNC System, to have a final, approved fall plan by early July.