NC State Travel Policies for COVID-19
During the current spread of COVID-19, NC State has placed additional restrictions on university-related travel. NC State has restricted all university-related travel outside of the state of North Carolina and all university-related in-state travel to attend events, meetings or gatherings of more than 100 people.
All NC State study-abroad programs and activities throughout the world have been suspended until further notice. Students should check the Study Abroad Office website for updates. Study Abroad also has a list of frequently asked questions to assist students and their families.
Personal Travel Considerations and Requirements
To ensure the health and safety of the campus community, anyone (students, faculty and staff) returning to campus from areas designated by the CDC as Level 3 for COVID-19 is expected to self-quarantine and remain off campus for a period of 14 days per CDC recommendations. We also strongly recommend that anyone returning from a CDC-designated Level 2 area self-quarantine for 14 days.
While you are traveling within a Level 2 or Level 3 area, please:
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid animals (living or dead) and animal markets.
- Avoid undercooked food, especially meat and eggs.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Stay connected for public health announcements.
- The CDC provides more information about precautions you should take [PDF] after traveling to a Level 2 or Level 3 country.