Keep Fighting for State
Student-athletes participating in football and basketball returned to campus in June. Students participating in cross-country, soccer and volleyball return in August and may start preseason practice at that time.
Student-athletes will train in small groups to reduce the risks of transmitting COVID-19. As restrictions on activities are lifted, groups may be combined, increasing the number of athletes training together until full team activities are permitted.
Athletics facilities staff will clean high-impact and high-density areas daily using an electrostatic sprayer. Facilities will maintain hand-sanitizer stations at major building entrances and high-traffic areas.
Below is a list of some possible adjustments to venue operations we are considering for the fall:
- Elimination of the Walk of Champions and some on-field promotions.
- Reduction of concourse activities.
- Revision of tailgate safety planning with contractors and appropriate departments.
- Identification of new sponsorship opportunities to support fall sports.
- Compliance with heightened requirements for safety and public health.
- New ticketing options being considered.
- Priority purchase window for season ticket holders.
- Student tickets assigned by zone/section with digital tickets.
- Sale of prepackaged concession items only.
- Visiting teams will comply with NC State’s expectations for safe conduct of game-day operations.
This information is subject to change. Last updated: Aug. 3, 2020.