Safety Plan - Recertification
ANNUAL SAFETY PLAN RECERTIFICATION
The following items are required to be updated on an annual basis. Please complete, sign, and date the requested documents and return EHS. All forms can be filled out on line and then printed for submittal.
1. Safety Plan Cover Sheet (Attachment B): - (use components designated on form)
2. Supervisor Self-audit Checklist Certification (Attachment C):
3. A COMPLETE UP-TO-DATE CHEMICAL INVENTORY to include any gas cylinders you may use in your laboratory location. DUE TO NEW REQUIREMENTS OF CHEMICAL CLASSIFICATIONS for Building Codes, THIS LISTING MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ACCESS OR EXCEL FORMAT. (Include your new updated plan number, principal investigator and lab location in the lower right corner of all inventory sheets
4. Safety Information Form (Attachment D) - File only if you have added any process changes since your last update. Also advise us of any processes you may have deleted.
5. As a reminder, training must be conducted ANNUALLY
You may file waste pickups electronically - for information contact Hazardous Waste Manager at 515-6863.
Notify this office, IN WRITING, of any changes that affect your safety plan status. IF the principal investigator retires, leaves the university, etc. we need to be informed. IF a new principal investigator takes over that lab, a new plan must be submitted for review. Moving to another lab requires notification and a new plan must be submitted immediately. All safety plans will be deleted when an investigator is no longer affiliated with the lab or the university. Department heads are notified and all copies must be eliminated within the department and the laboratory. Laboratory signage will not be changed until a certified plan is in place.