A career at NC State opens the door to many opportunities — not just for advancement and recognition, but also for personal and professional development. The resources we provide our faculty and staff range from professional development and teaching-and-learning courses, to employee discount programs and help in obtaining funding or patents for research results.
- Office of Professional Development offers courses for NC State faculty and staff interested in enhancing career skills.
- Training & Organizational Development (T&OD) is committed to identifying and addressing university, departmental, work team, and individual development opportunities for NC State faculty and staff.
- Office of Faculty Development promotes excellence in teaching through faculty development.
- SPARCS facilitates research proposals, agreements, and internal and external funding distribution.
- Office of Technology Transfer helps researchers in obtaining patents, commercializing new technologies, supporting start-up companies, and licensing research to industry.
- NCSU Bookstore can assist with textbook adoption, course material requisition, hardware, software, or NC State gifts when only something red and white will do.
- From employee perks and recognition programs to benefits and job classification, find faculty, staff and postdoc information.
- New employee information for quick links to the tools and information most new hires need.
- Library computing resources directs you to links for borrowing laptops, camcorders; using the Digital Media Lab and more.
- Employee benefits range from life and health insurance to discounts on entertainment and sporting events.
- Feeling crafty or artistic? The Crafts Center at NC State offers classes in fine handicrafts from woodworking and clay to glass, fibers and metalsmithing.
- ARTS NC State is the university’s creative outlet for theater and the performing arts, music and dance with performance and exhibitions from local, regional, national and international artists.
- WolfWikis are popular tools faculty, students and staff can use for collaborative work.
- Office of Information Technology (OIT) supports campus-wide information and communication technology systems and services for NC State’s administrative, academic and research functions.