As an NC State faculty or staff member, at times you will need access to support services that help you perform your job efficiently and with minimal disruption. The university provides a range of such services, most of which are just a mouse click or phone call away. Below are a few commonly used services:
- Creative Services delivers university clients full-service marketing from strategy to creative for compelling, action-generating deliverables that leverage print design, video, Web and multimedia; photography.
- The Onboarding Center assists new NC State employees and employees moving into new positions with their transitions.
- The Faculty Ombuds Office provides information, discusses university policies and procedures, and helps faculty resolve potential disputes early. The ombuds is also a listening post for system concerns and shares them with university leadership.
- Environmental Health provides educational, technical, advisory, and operational support to the entire campus community, ensuring NC State is a safe and healthy workplace.
- Events Management for meeting rooms, convention space, or any equipment needs at Talley Student Center.
- Facilities Services the people behind the scene that keep the university looking good (building and grounds maintenance, housekeeping) and running smoothly (mail, housekeeping services, maintenance).
- Graphics and Copy Center for all your printing and copying needs.
- Help Desk answers to your computing questions and solutions for IT problems.
- Library Computing Services for using the Digital Media Lab, accessing the amenities at the Learning Commons and campus wireless connections.
- McKimmon Conference and Training Center offers assistance with space, equipment, exhibits, food, shipping and receiving, transportation, and parking for conferences and other events.
- Materials Support orders and delivers lab supplies; disposes of surplus property; manages storage and warehousing needs.
- News Services works to promote local, national and worldwide visibility for the university, its faculty and staff. News Services staff members develop and market news articles and story ideas on faculty teaching, research and expertise to print and electronic media.
- Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides campus-wide help-desk, data network, telecom, computing and information systems and services.
- Office Supplies and Equipment for your office, computer and IT needs; lab and scientific supplies; shipping ordering information.
- Procurement Card for purchasing activities related to the university, plus financial systems training.
- Public Safety Event Services staffs your event with the police officers and fire inspectors your event might need.
- Recycling and Waste Reduction Services helps with office cleanout, special events, and more.
- WolfCopy supplies copiers for public use and copiers/scanners of appropriate size for departmental use. In addition, WolfCopy provides laser printers for student use in public computing labs.